LAST REVISED: 7-29-2022
Food Fix, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it
through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide
when you visit the website www.foodfix.co (our “Website”) or access our Newsletter and our
practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• Through our Newsletter.
• On this Website.
In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which
provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and
services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
• When you use third party technology platforms associated with the operation of this
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
Company or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising)
that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your
information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your
choice is not to use our Website or Newsletter. By accessing or using this Website or our
continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those
changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may
provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal
information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information
on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases
through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or
provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number,
email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or
received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we
will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child
under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection
and sale of their personal information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address,
or telephone number (“personal information”); and
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may
include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes
information provided at the time of subscribing to our service. We may also ask you for
information, including when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your
subscription. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an
order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection
technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns,
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time
and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here [URL
LINK TO DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES] for information on how you can opt out of
behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other
mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain
it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service,
including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website
according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your
computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate
setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access
certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web
beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the
Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email
and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain
website content and verifying system and server integrity).
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash
cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from,
and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are
used for browser cookies.
[We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to
personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.]
The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may
collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and
across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you
with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you
have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the
responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or
provide though it.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements
to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information
for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an
advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify
any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Food Fix, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Food Fix, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request.
for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or
safety of Food Fix, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging
information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection
and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We
have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or
some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable or
• [Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us
to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for
promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the
form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-
OUT METHOD]]. You can also always opt-out by [logging into the Website and
adjusting your user preferences in your account profile][,][ checking or unchecking the
relevant boxes] [or by] sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.]
• [Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your [email
address/contact information] used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’
products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form
on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT
METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user
preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by]
sending us an email stating your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If we have sent you a
promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
[This opt out does not apply to information provided to the
Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service
experience or other transactions.]
• [Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that
you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience
preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. [For this opt-out to function,
you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.]]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based
advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your
information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from
members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website: https://thenai.org/opt-out.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and
Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please check with your state
for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting
your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any
personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information
except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change
information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the
information to be incorrect.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use
of their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit this site. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Food Fix, LLC, 4315 50th Street, NW, Suite 100 PMB 7061, Washington, D.C. 20016.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental
loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to
us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted
using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or
where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with
anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security
of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal
information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings
or security measures contained on the Website.
material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a
top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable
for any changes.
complaint or concern, contact us at:
Food Fix, LLC
4315 50 th Street NW
Suite 100 PMB 7061
Washington, D.C. 20016